Timber is recognised as one of the most environmentally friendly commercial building materials. This renewable resource of growing trees helps to reduce global warming by absorbing carbon dioxide. Timber uses only a fraction of the non-renewable fossil fuels burned in production when compared to steel, moreover its natural beauty and tactile quality makes it a must have in today's living environment. When consideration is given to the care that is taken in the preparation and treatment of natural wood, together with Beechhall Joinery's design and craftsmanship, the results can be aesthetically stunning, practical and durable.
We source all our wood from sustainable renewable reforestry projects.
At Beechhall Joinery we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously and strive to minimise any adverse impacts that our activities have. We aim to make a positive contribution to the environmental quality of the communities in which we work. We will comply with all relevant legislation as an absolute minimum standard and aim to continually improve our performance, implementing good practice on all new projects.
This environmental policy forms a very important part of our overall company sustainability strategy. In particular, we will:
- Keep our environmental impact to a minimum
- Re-cycle waste materials and packaging
- Carbon offset where appropriate and meaningful
- Use environmentally friendly coatings, adhesives and finishes
- Source eco-friendly materials wherever possible across our operations
Accoya® for the Future - https://www.accoya.com/
Accoya is a favourable choice for the environmentalist. It provides exceptional longevity and a 50 year guarantee!
“The moral imperative to make big changes is inescapable…that what we take for granted may not be here for our children”
-Al Gore, 45th vice president of the United States, from his climate change
film ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ (2006)
Against a backdrop of growing concern about the environmental impacts of the things we do and the materials we use the popularity of wood – a versatile, beautiful material that’s easy to use and to live with – is set to increase. It’s not just good looks and charm that will ensure that wood plays a leading role in our future, but a number of other factors, too:
- Wood is a non-toxic, recyclable raw material
- Wood is light yet strong and easily worked
- Wood offers good sound absorption properties
- Wood can be used as a bio-fuel at the end of its product life
- Wood is our only truly sustainable resource for construction
- Wood is a natural insulator and, as such, reduces energy used for heating
- Wood reduces the effect of global warming as trees and wood products act as carbon sinks
- Wood is sustainable and healthy: every cubic metre used saves 0.8 tonnes of CO2
By using sustainably grown wood and improving its properties without adding toxins, Accoya® helps to protect threatened species, rainforests and the environment.